Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Inspiration of the Week


Every week I see some fashion that inspires me to create an outfit around it.  Rather than just keep it to myself, I thought I’d start a weekly post about it. I’ll show you my inspiration and then how I’d style it. Sound like fun?

It was easy to decide which item to style first, since I saw these boots today and absolutely fell in love with them (plus I just did a blog on shoes trends). I’m pretty sure Betsey Johnson wakes up some days and says, “What does Heatha want to wear today?” Okay, maybe not, but if sure feels like it when I see items like this:



Completely drool-worthy, don’t you think?

And as I am wont to do, I immediately started designing an outfit around them. I think boots with a flared top call for some more streamlined bottoms like a skinny jean or legging. And these boots definitely need a leather jacket. Add a cute top (perhaps with a pop of color if you are feeling a little sassy), a long gold chain necklace, pretty feather earrings, and a killer hand bag, and you are good to go.

The fun thing about these boots and so much of the fashion I’m loving right now is the pairing of tough and girly. These biker-chic boots with the peep of leopard are the perfect example.

My style picks are below:



Want to know where to purchase these items?

The leather jackets are all from www.nordstrom.com, the skinny jeans and tops are from www.express.com, jewelry from www.claires.com, and the Guess handbag is from www.zappos.com.

So check back weekly for what’s inspiring me and hopefully it will inspire you too.

Want to tell me how you’d style these boots? Have an inspiration to share and want me to style it? Or just have something to say? Comment below or email me at princessheathab@gmail.com.

Be Fierce. Be Fashionable. Be Yourself.

XOXO

H

No comments:

Post a Comment