Friday, January 13, 2012

Inspiration of the Week: Three Ways to Wear It




I saw this little cropped, crocheted top at Express and literally skidded to a stop. Available in black and ecru, it’s delicate, feminine and oh, so versatile. I couldn’t wait to style it for you this week. On the Express website they show it (pictured above) with a peachy colored skinny jean and sparkly sequined tank layered underneath it. I think almost any color of jean would work. I’d particularly be excited to try it with hunter green or kelly green. But I wondered if you could do a more glam going-out-with-the-girls outfit and also a casual picnic-with-your honey ensemble. I decided to try to do both for you, my loyal, blog readers, so you can see three ways to work the same top.

Night Out With the Girls
For going out for drinks with your girlfriends, you want to look polished, glam and pulled together. A pop of color and gold sparkle add just the right touch of fun and flirtatiousness. Add a camel-colored or leopard print trench coat to the items I’ve selected below and you are both warm and perfectly pulled together for a night on the town.



Picnic in the Park with Your Honey
For a picnic with your honey, you want to be cute, but casual. Switch out a few of the more blingy things from above, add a tank and jeans, and you are ready for some relaxed romance. He won’t know what hit him. Complete the look below with a cute cropped jean jacket or just let him keep you warm.


And lest any of my more bodacious beauties think I forgot you, you can also pull off the above looks with a more figure skimming, less-cropped version of the top. This one at Etsy (or one like it) I think would be really cute. If you aren’t a fan of showing off that much arm, there is no reason you couldn’t layer it with a long sleeved shirt.



Here’s me, modeling the top the way I wore it to work today. It’s casual Friday so I kept the look relaxed yet pulled together. Since I’m so pale, I went with a bright under layer to keep the ecru color from washing me out.


So there you have it: three ways to the wear the same top (Four actually, if you count the way I wore it today). Remember every item in your closet has a myriad of possibilities just waiting to be discovered. I often get asked if I ever wear the same thing twice. The answer? I never wear the same thing in exactly the same way twice. You’ll get quadruple the mileage from your wardrobe if you adopt the same philosophy.

Have another way you’d like me to style the top? Think I missed the mark? Have something you want to share to inspire me for my next “Inspiration of the Week” feature? Feel free to comment below or email me at princessheathab@gmail.com. Also, I’m always looking for new topics and guest bloggers.

Future blog topics include:

• To Buy or Not To Buy, That is the Question
• How to Dress Appropriately for Any Occasion
• The Five Shoe Staples Every Girl Should Own
• How to Get Down in Black and Brown
• The Bra : On the Frontlines of Fashion
• Colored Jeans, A Rainbow of Possibilities

Be Fierce. Be Fashionable. Be Yourself.

XOXO

H

No comments:

Post a Comment